Thursday, January 22, 2009

Annabel's First Birthday

We are coming up on Annabel's first birthday. My Mother is going to get to town on Wednesday the 25h. It will be very special to have her here for Annabel's birthday. The birthday party will be March 1st at our house. Just a simple little party. The pictures above are from Ann Elizabeth, Allison and Sara's 1st birthdays. I had to pull them up to try and find a picture of the cake. Ann Elizabeth, Allison, Ansley, Sara and Evan had a 1st birthday cake from Pollman's Bakery in Mobile, AL. While trying to find a bakery in Chicago to make a similar cake I found one that was going to charge $275.00. Guess I should not be calling a bakery that has been on Food Network several times. I think they even have like their own show or something. The bakery is called The Cake Girls. I did find a bakery right down the street from us and we are going to go with them and hope for the best.
I cannot believe that Annabel is going to be a year old. What is even more unbelievable is that we are going to have a another baby soon. Annabel is so amazing. She is absolutely perfect in our eyes. We are having a blast with her. Seeing these pictures make me wish she could be around her extended family more often. I always pictured the lobby of the hospital full of family waiting for the arrival of my children. And I always took for granted that when I had children that my family would all be there for their birthdays. Especially the cousins. I mean just look at how cute these kids are. I love the one with the three oldest cousins watching Sara as she eats her cake. Too bad you cannot see Sara in this picture but she was super cute too! They have all grown up now really. Ann Elizabeth and Allison are finishing high school this year. Allison has actually already graduated. They are all so special.
Things are different these days. Everyone lives far away. Our girls will more than likely never know what it is like to have family down the street or even 5 hours away. I hope that some day we will find away to be closer but closer to some of the family will still keep us far away from others. I doubt that either girl will ever have all of their family together for a birthday. Maybe at their weddings most of their family will be there but that will be in like 60 years :) Even Annabel's Christening had to occur three times, in three different locations. For now, Brodie and I will do our best to make a happy home in Chicago and blog about what we do with our precious girls. And pray for God's plan for us whether that be to stay here or somehow be closer to family one day. I am lucky and blessed to have Brodie. He is wonderful. We are both blessed to be so happy together. Most of all we have been blessed with two girls of our own for our very special little FAMILY.

No comments: